Hi there, Welcome to Studio Katie! Thanks so much for stopping by. The Studio Katie blog is written and created by Katie Smith.
About Katie (me!)
I’m Katie. An Artist and Blogger.
Whenever I say I am an artist, people immediately ask me what type of art I do. I’ve always found that hard to answer and usually end up just saying “all kinds.”, Because the truth is that I can’t settle on one creative thing. I love drawing and painting. I scrapbook and art journal. I do DIY projects. I crochet and quilt. How can I round that up all into one answer?
Creativity is my way of life.
My art focuses mainly on nature. I live in the beautiful pacific-northwest of the United States and that definitely influences my work. I create custom paintings and illustrations, and have begun selling prints of my artwork.
I teach online art classes. In 2017 I launched 2 new online class: Painting Galaxies, and Sketching in your Art Journal. I’m currently in the process of filming new content and releasing more classes to help you be creative.
I started my blog in January 2010 (Thanks to my Sister for making me!) so that I could have a place to share my art with my friends and family but it has grown into so much more than I could have imagined and I want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me on this journey!
More about Katie:
- I’m a Texan, but have recently moved to Washington state.
- I’m an introvert. My idea of a wild friday night is chilling at home in my pajamas watching Bob Ross.
- I’m obsessed with Space. I love painting galaxies, I watch Star Trek often and I dabble in astrophotography.
- I have 2 pet guinea pigs, Chloe and Milkyway. They’re constantly begging for more snacks, and usually get some because they’re adorable.
- Black, unsweetened tea is my go-to drink of choice.
What do I want out of life? I want to live a life doing what I love. I want to create art, travel to interesting places, and have a little studio in the forest. I want to spend my mornings painting, and my afternoons relaxing in my hammock reading a book. I’m most happy in the space where calm lives, so that’s where you’ll find me.