What do you think? I like how it turned out, even though for a while there I was ready to throw it in the trash and start over.
This album took me a while to finish. Not because it’s super complicated, or I wasn’t sure where I was going with it, but because I had a few problems with getting the messy mixed media stuff to dry.
I was almost done embellishing my pages when I decided I wanted them slightly more mixed media-y. So I grabbed a walnut ink spray mist that I don’t use much (because the ink is really dark.) and splattered a few sprinkles on each page to make them more artsy. For some weird reason though, the ink wouldn’t dry.
I tried using a heat gun, that didn’t work. I tried brushing over it with mod podge, which just smeared it. I tried a gloss sealing spray, still nothing. I was afraid I’d ruined my mini album with the ink splatters that wouldn’t dry, so I put it aside and refused to work on it for about a week. Then when I picked it up and was going to attempt to work on it some more, the ink had finally dried. It had just taken a week.
So, here’s the album that was almost a craft fail, but turned out pretty good (in my opinion) in the end.