Katie Smith is an emerging young artist based in Washington State. Katie is a self taught painter who enjoys experimenting with many mediums, including watercolors, acrylics, and oil paints. She learns as she paints and enjoys the process as much as the finished artwork.
Her personal style is heavily inspired by nature and the pacific northwest. She hopes to capture emotions and express the beautiful spirit of mother nature in her paintings.
Upcoming 2020 Show, Maple Valley Creative Arts Center
Maple Valley Art Walk, September 2018-Present
- People’s Choice, 2019 Maple Valley Arts Fest
- Flynn Development Award, 2019 Maple Valley Arts Fest
Magazines and Books:
- Art Journaling Magazine Winter 2019
- Brush Mag Issue 2
- Brush Mag Issue 1
- Stitch Craft Create Spring 2013 Issue
- Creating Keepsakes Jan/Feb 2013 Online Content
- Creating Keepsakes July/Aug 2012 Issue
- Creating Keepsakes July/Aug 2011 Issue
- Creating Keepsakes Mixed Media Special Issue
- Star Trek Crafts
- Craft it Now!