Decorating the face and dress:
- Yellow Yarn
- Google Eyes
- 32″x40″ piece of fabric for the dress
- 10×10″ piece of fabric for the bandana
- 24″ ribbon for belt
- 2 10″ pieces of ribbon for hair
- Black and Orange felt for face pieces
- Embellishments like buttons, bows and flowers.
For the dress:
1. Fold a 32″x40″ piece of fabric in half. At the center of the fold, cut a 9″ circle for the neckline.
2. Flip inside out. Stitch up the sides, leaving a 6″ hole on the top of each side. Holes are for the arms. Flip right side out.
For the hair:
1. Wrap yarn around arms, cardboard or a chair into a 15″ loop, continue wrapping the yarn until you feel it’s thick enough for hair. Tie one end with a piece of yarn, cut the other end.
2. Braid both sides and tie with ribbons.
3. Glue onto the top of your head.
To finish the scarecrow-
Pull the dress over the head and place on the frame. Use small dots of glue to adhere it making sure it wont come off. Use a ribbon to tie up the dress.
Fold the fabric for a bandana in half into a triangle, tie around the neck of your scarecrow.
Place a doll hat on top of your scarecrow head, use a bit of glue to adhere it down.
Add any extra flowers and buttons to make the scarecrow cute not creepy! 🙂