- Thin cardboard (I used the back of an old notebook, you could also use a cereal box)
- Paper (I used 5 sheets of barely-printed-on computer paper, you could also use notebook paper, magazine paper, etc. depending on what you want to use your book for)
- An envelope (mine was from a birthday card I got this year and is 5×7)
- Scissors and/or a paper cutter
- Needle and embroidery thread
- Push pins (optional, not pictured)
Use your book however you want! It can be a journal, notebook, art journal, or anything you want! Use the pockets to store ephemera or stickers/small supplies to use for on-the-go journaling.
Honestly, I’m going to be boring and use mine for grocery lists (because it’s such a waste to use a new sheet of paper on a grocery list) and keep coupons in the pockets. I might make an art journal this way soon though, because it’s super-easy and fast!