3. Poke a hole about 1/4″ in from the top edge and one from the bottom edge on the inside crease of your first signature. Poke the holes in the leather as well, placing them about 5″ in from the side.
4. Cut your embroidery thread into a 5″ piece. Separate your embroidery thread into 3 strands (you don’t need all 6) and thread your needle.
5. Leaving a couple of inches on the inside of your signature, poke your needle through the hole in your paper and leather, going out through the leather.
6. Now go back up through the leather and paper signature going through the bottom hole.
7. Tie to the opposite end on the inside of the paper signature. Your first paper signature should be stitched to your journal about 5″ from the side now.
8. Repeat with the next 2 signatures, placing them about 1/4″ away from each other.
9. Cut a 20″x1/2″ strip of leather. Stitch one end to the far side of your leather (the side that wraps around to the front.
10. When you close your journal up the leather should wrap around to the front and to close it wrap the strip around a couple of times.
11. You can also paint the cover like I did. I sketched out a cute little fox and then filled him in with acrylic paints.
I actually created this journal to celebrate the release of Open Thy Heart, a YA Fantasy novel written by my friend, Jessica L. Brooks.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You can find out more about Jessica here-