I’m stoked to tell you that I’m now a part of DecoArt’s Outside Artists program, which basically means that I’ll be making project tutorials for them! Yay! What does that mean for you? That means you get even more tutorials from me! Double yay!
For my first project I created this Happy Jack-O-Lantern/Pumpkin Wood Slice that makes the most perfect porch decor! He goes great with my Glittered Gourds!
Glamour Dust™ Sprinkle-On Glitter
- Gold (DS61)
Patio Paint Outdoor™
- Cloud White (DCP14)
- Pumpkin (DCP52)
- Sweet Pea (DCP59)
- Tiger Lily Orange (DCP36)
- Woodland Brown (DCP18)
- Wrought Iron Black (DCP21)
Primers, Sealers, and Finishes
- DuraClear Gloss Varnish (DS19)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- transfer paper
- #3 round brush
- 1″ flat brush
- basswood round
1. Use a pencil to draw about a 1″ edge around the inside perimeter of the wooden round.
2. Paint inside the pencil lines with Pumpkin.
3. Use Tiger Lily Orange to paint two stripes through the pumpkin. (See photo for placement.)
4. Use transfer paper and the provided pattern to transfer the pumpkin face and foliage. Paint the face in Wrought Iron Black and Cloud White using a #3 round brush.
You can find the free face pattern on the DecoArt website here.
5. Paint the leaves in Sweet Pea using a #3 round brush.
6. Use Woodland Brown to paint in the vines. Outline the leaves and outside Pumpkin areas in Wrought Iron Black. Let dry for 24 hours.
7. Brush the surface of the wood with DuraClear Gloss Varnish. While it is still wet, lightly shake Gold Sprinkle-On Glitter over it. Let dry. Once dry, brush off the excess glitter. Apply another coat of Gloss Varnish to the surface.
You now have a glittery, happy, wooden pumpkin! Yeah!
To get a free pattern for the face and to see even more fun projects, Hop over to the DecoArt site!
What do you think? Do you decorate your porch for Halloween/Autumn?
Want to make those glittery pumpkin gourds as well? Get the tutorial for those here.