- Tombow Dual Brush Pens (I used their new galaxy set)
- Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue
- Tombow Blending Kit
- Mixed Media Paper (I like 90 lb paper by Strathmore.
1. Scribble ink onto the blending palette.
2. Mist it with water.
3. Flip the blending palette down onto a piece of mixed media paper and press it down to transfer the ink. You can swirl it around the paper if you want to.
4. Mist the ink on the paper again with water, just to make sure it stays wet. You can add on another color if you like. I added some pink.
5. Draw patterns into the wet ink using the pen tip of the glue bottle.
You can sprinkle on salt as well to have another fun effect.
The glue creates a resist, however with ink underneath it as well it creates an almost glowing effect that I like. It’s very dreamy!
I found that the glue reacted more where the ink was most wet.
I cut up one of my new patterns to use in my art journal, as you can see above. I combined it with the drawing of the girl I created, added a quote and it was done!
I like this twist on the resist technique! Have you tried it?