- Empty Pirouline Tins
- Tweed Fabric
- Hot Glue
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
2. Use hot glue to adhere the tweed around the tin.
3. Use black acrylic paint to color your lids black. You could do these any color you wish, I just liked the simple black paint, that makes the suits stand out.
4. Next you’ll need to make either a tie or a bow tie to embellish the suits! These are both pretty easy.
The tie is just a simple cut out shape.
Bow-ties are also pretty easy.
- Cut a 6″ x 1″ strip of felt.
- Glue the 2 ends to the middle, so you have 2 loops.
- Pinch the middle.
- Glue a 1/2″x3″ strip of felt around the middle.
5. To finish them off, adhere your tie/bow-tie on and add on buttons!
For the red tie suit, I also added on a felt collar. To do that I simply cut a 1″ strip of tan felt to wrap around the top of the tin.
These worked up in no time at all and I am so pleased with just how stinking cute they turned out. I hope my Dad likes them!
What do you think?