- White Ceramic Cups
- White Tissue Paper
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens
- Tombow Mono Twin Permanent Marker
- Tombow Xtreme Adhesive
- DecoArt Dishwasher Safe Decoupage
- Foam Brush
- Walnut Hollow Mini Crate
- Walnut Hollow Tray Square
- Mason Jar
- White Cardstock
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Paper Ribbon
How to make the Custom Mugs:
1. Start by measuring the space on your mug in between the handle. That’s where the tissue paper will go. Cut out a strip of tissue paper that width + long enough to wrap around your mug.
2. Use the Mono Twin Permanent Marker to draw your design out onto the tissue paper strips. You could also use some stamps if you don’t want to doodle, but be sure to use a permanent ink.
3. Use the Dual Brush Pens to color in your design. These markers are water based and they blend really nicely.
5. Wrap your tissue paper around your cup and brush over top with the decoupage as well.
You’ll want to add 2-3 coats of the dishwasher safe decoupage to fully seal it, however you need to let it cure for atleast an hour in between coats.
To create the tea crate:
I liked the natural look of the wooden crates, so I didn’t want to embellish them too much. I used black acrylic paint to give the top edges of both the crate and the square tray for a bold look.
Want a gift for the geek in your life? Checkout the project I made for last years Handmade Holiday hop!