Welcome to the 4th Annual Handmade Holidays Blog Hop! A few years ago we were looking online for handmade gift ideas and thought it would be great if there was a resource dedicated JUST to handmade gift ideas. Enter the Handmade Holidays hop!
We’ve gathered over 100 of our creative blogger friends in the craft industry as well as some of our fellow product manufacturers to bring you a plethora of inspiring gift ideas you can make now to give to your friends, family, and colleagues. Pin and bookmark these ideas for this holiday season and to use throughout the year!
Each day of the hop features approximately 30 gift projects and you can “hop” from one blog to another to check them all out.
My gift is one made with geeks in mind! So whether you have a friend that is a trekkie, a star wars fan, a whovian or just an all around nerd, space is the final frontier! So anything galaxy themed is the perfect gift for your geeky friend!
2. Cut out swirls from your Oly*Fun material. You can sketch onto the material first to create a pattern, but I just free handed them with a pair of scissors. Remember, it’s a galaxy, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
3. Brush a liquid glue onto the back of your Oly*Fun swirls and decoupage them down onto your clock. This is where you get to be creative and create a galaxy!
4. Time to get out your gelly roll pens and further embellish your galaxy. My best tips:
- Swirls. They’re super simple (anyone can draw a swirl) and work really well with the galaxy theme.
- Dots, This could be space dust, right?
- Circles. Somewhat like dots, only larger. They’re easy and add texture to your galaxy.
- Stars. Every galaxy needs stars and it’s another simple shape to make.
At this point, I decided my galaxy needed a moon in the foreground. Here’s how to make one:
5. Cut out a 3″ circle from gray Oly*Fun material as well as a few dots and a quarter circle. Scallop one edge of the quarter circle so that it’s wavy. Glue them down onto the 3″ circle. Glue the moon onto the clock.
6. Take a black Gelly Roll pen and add doodles to your moon. I outlined my material and added a bunch of dots to look like craters,
7. Take your Quickie Glue Pen and draw some swirls, stars and dots around your galaxy. While the glue is still wet, sprinkle silver glitter over your glue doodles. Knock off the excess glitter.
Time to give it a glossy look!
8, Squirt out equal amounts of resin and hardener into a disposable cup and stir for one minute or following the directions on the package. (I used the entire amount of resin in the 1.oz kit.)
9. Pour your mixed resin onto your clock and smooth it out using a brush. Let it dry completely (I recommend overnight).
10. Follow the instructions of your clock kit to put your clock together.
11. Place your clock numbers equally around your circle, mashing them down to secure them good. It’s extremely important that they’re spaced out equally- You don’t want to be running late because your number was in the wrong place!
Are you ready for lots more creative handmade gift ideas and projects??
Follow along on our blog hop! Simply click on each of the links below to be taken to that post with additional information and photos on how to create a handmade gift project. Have fun and pin away!
Follow our Handmade Holidays Gift Ideas Pinterest board for even more inspiration!
A huge thank you to our sponsors for this hop – please visit their blogs below and follow them. And be sure to come back tomorrow for another 30+ amazing Handmade Gift Ideas!
Clearsnap || Ellison Educational Equipment || Walnut Hollow || Graphic45 || Westcott || ICE Resin || Therm O Web || Rowland Industries || Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L || Pink and Main || Elizabeth Craft Designs || The Buckle Boutique || Neat and Tangled