I want to start sharing more of my art journal pages here on the blog, so I’m going to try to post tips, pages, and maybe even prompts every Wednesday. If you missed it, I recently shared my Reasons to Keep an Art Journal.
Today I wanted to share with you guys some of my (current) favorite supplies to use in my art journal.
- Good black pen. My favorites are- Fine point Sharpie, Micron, and PITT artist pens.
- Collage Papers- I use Hazel and Ruby’s pass the tissue papers, Book pages, and sometimes scrapbook papers.
- Acrylic Paint- I usually just use the cheapest stuff.
- Watercolors- I use Studio Calico’s Mr. Huey set.
- Design Memory Craft Gelatos- These are an absolute must have for me.
- Alcohol Ink Marks- I have an assortment of Copics, Spectrum Noirs, and PrsimaColors.
- Sharpies and other markers.
- Imagine Crafts Irresistibles.
- Washi or Masking Tape.
- Gel Medium.
- Coloring pages or pages from my sketchbook.
I think that just about covers the supplies I tend to stick with in my art journal. I do a lot of drawing in my book, so I use a lot of markers, gelatos and paints.
Of course, the best supply is a good dose of inspiration!
What are your favorite supplies? Also, is there anything special you’d like to see in my new “art journal wednesday” posts?