Supplies: Scrapbook Layout or Card to embroider on. (Or you could use these for fabric!!) Amy Tangerine Embroidery Stencil Kit. The kit comes with both a needle and thread, but you could always purchase different colors of embroidery thread.
1. Place your project on top of the orange mat included in your kit.
2. Place whichever design you would like on top of your project, wherever you want it. I chose the feather.
3. Punch through the holes in the stencil into your project. Go all the way through your paper.
4. You should end up with a bunch of holes, like this:
5. Using the lines on the design as a general guide to where your stitches should go, embroider your designs.
I think these stencils are perfect for adding small bits of embroidery on your projects! If you’ve never picked up a needle and thread before, you’ll need to find some instructions for basic embroidery online, because there aren’t much in the way of instructions included in the kit.
I love the designs that are included, I can’t wait to use the camera. There is another stencil with just letters!
Over all I think these are great! and that’s pretty good, since it’s coming from someone who is not too fond of hand stitching.
This is my own opinion. This post is not sponsored by Amy Tangerine or American Crafts, I just wanted to try out these new products!