This DIY uses the drawing fluid technique of screen printing.
1.Start by placing whatever design you want to print underneath your screen.
2.Use a sharpie, Micron or other permanent black marker to trace your design onto your screen.
3.Things are about to get messy so now you need something to prop your screen up on incase liquid seeps through the screen.
Take 4 thumbtacks and put them in the bottom corners of your screen.
Flip your screen back over (so it’s sitting on the thumb tacks) and place it over newspaper, or inside a cardboard box.
4. Take your drawing fluid and paint the area of your design that you want to be printed. Let the drawing fluid dry completely.
5. Once the drawing fluid is dry, take Speedball’s screen filler and place a line of the filler near the top edge of your screen and use the squeegee to pull the filler over your entire screen.
6. Let the screen filler dry completely- It’s recommend that you let it dry overnight.
7. Use warm water and a sponge and wash off the drawing fluid. It should come off pretty easy, but you can lightly scrub at it with the sponge if you need to.
8. Place your screen over your cloth napkin in the area you want your design.
9. Use the squeegee to spread the fabric paint over your design on the screen, pressing firmly. Make sure to completely cover your design area.
10. Lift your screen straight up off of your cloth and you’re done!
Let your design dry!
Have you ever tried screen printing? This was my first time and I’m pretty pleased with the results! 🙂